I didn't write down exactly what I put in... so here's my best attempt at re-creating a recipe! I really should start writing these things down somewhere...
Spiced Winter Sangria
- 1/2 c. brandy
- 1/4 c. sugar (a scant 1/4 cup)
- 1-2 T. maple syrup
- 1 bottle red wine (I used a shiraz/cabernet blend)
- 1-2 c. lime soda water
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 c. cranberries (I used frozen)
- handful of cinnamon sticks
- whole cloves (just be sure they don't end up in the glass!)
I may like this better than summer-like sangria. MAY. I dunno, I think I'm an equal opportunity sangria enthusiast. I definitely love the spiced aspect of this one though. Mmmm mmmm mmmm!!!