Saturday, August 11

Roasted Balsamic Blueberries

It was one of those days where I wanted bread, cheese, and wine for dinner.  

[example of my being a sucker for advertising]
Oh, and blueberries.


Do you remember the Roasted Balsamic Strawberries from July?  Well, I figured if I could make something like that, surely I could do the same with blueberries!  Thus created was...

Roasted Balsamic Blueberries

  • 1 c. blueberries
  • 2 T. maple syrup
  • 1 T. olive oil
  • 1/4 t. sea salt
  • 1 T apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 t balsamic vinegar

First things first, cut your blueberries in half.  Not sure if this is necessary, but I decided it'd be a good idea.


Coat blueberries in mixture of maple syrup, olive oil, and salt.


Spread out on baking sheet and bake for 12-16 minutes at 350*F.


Until they look like this!  Scrape off all of the juicy goodness from the pan and into a small bowl.  Perhaps even the one you used to mix the blueberries in the maple/olive oil mix.  :o)  I like to reduce the number of dishes I do.  :op


Add in apple cider vinegar and balsamic vinegar and stir it up.


Serve on warm baguette with goat cheese.


Soooooooooooooooo good!


Oh, and yes, it did taste delicious with the pinot noir.  :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment