Friday, August 3

Lavender Honey Cashew Butter

I've been on a lavender and rosemary kick lately...  I HATE the way lavender smells (like the perfumey soaps and candles),  but love to put it in food.  :o)

So, I made a Sunflower Butter with a touch of honey and really liked it, so I figured I'd try a spin on it by making my own lavender infused honey, and using cashews instead.


Lavender Honey Cashew Butter

  • 2 c. raw cashews
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 3 T lavender honey
Unless you have lavender honey on hand, you'll need to make that first.  :o)

I used my "double boiler" set up and heated about 1/2 cup of honey in the smaller pot, over medium heat.


I added, oh, 1-2 T of lavender.  Originally, I was going to steep it like tea, but some of the buds were escaping so I just decided I'd strain it at the end.

I let this simmer and do it's thing for about 45min - 1 hour.  Just enough to get a hint of lavender taste.  Strain the lavender buds out of your honey, and put the honey aside.


So, now for the nut butter making!


Take the raw cashews and mix with the honey so that the cashews are nicely coated.


Spread out on parchment paper on a baking sheet.


Bake @ 325*F for 10-15 minutes.  You'll want them to be nice and golden.


Let cool for 3-5 minutes, then into the food processor they go!


Push the on button, and walk away.  Or clean up if you feel so inclined ;o)


So nice and smooooooooooooooooooooth!


Yum!  I've been enjoying mine in oatmeal lately, and am ALMOST out!  :o(   (I made it nearly a month ago, and am just now getting around to posting the recipe... oops!)



No comments:

Post a Comment