Wednesday, July 25

An Apricot'y Snack

So, for the third Full Circle delivery in a row, I've ended up with apricots.  What to do with apricots??  Especially when you only get two at a time...  Not enough for a jam (which would have been my initial thought of how to use them).


I cancelled my Full Circle months ago when the Groupon ran out (and to be honest, I was disappointed with the greens I was getting), but am still getting some of the produce from Kevin's roomate, Kim.  She isn't always in town, and when she isn't, I pick up her Full Circle box for her and often get to keep some (or in this week's case, all!) of the produce inside.

Well, now the thing about apricots...  I had determined that I didn't really care for them (according to my 7th grade self).  Like brussel sprouts, I decided the apricots deserved a second taste.  It had been over 15 years after all...  Glad I did!  Like brussel sprouts (which I now adore), I found that apricots weren't so bad!  So, just a quick little post on how I enjoyed my last apricot:


Apricot & Goat Cheese Appetizer*
*yes, we're going to call it an appetizer, to make it sound fancier ya know ;o)

  • Apricots, thinly sliced
  • Goat cheese
  • Crackers (I used a whole grain variety)
  • Honey 


I do believe the honey I used was a raspberry infused honey...  It was one of the little Alaskan honey sticks Kevin brought back from the Sportsman Show a few months ago, so I'm not sure what all the flavors are, but I think it was raspberry.  :o)  I've had this with regular honey too, and it's also tasty!

The assembly is pretty simple.  :o)


On another note...

I tried my FIRST kombucha tea!  I just couldn't bring myself to buy one for nearly $4 at the grocery store...  but at the Spenard Farmer's Market?  Sure.  :o)    At first sip, I wasn't so sure about it.  However, at the end of the bottle, I was digging it.  Definitely an expensive drink, but something I'd consider getting on occasion at the Farmer's Market!


On ANOTHER side note, I've mostly given up Diet Coke.  It was kinda rough at first.  On a few occasions (like 3) this month I did have a Diet Coke...  BUT I have mostly given it up.  I'm liking my Safeway brand seltzer water with a bit of pomegranate juice, lime juice, and/or homemade rhubarb-ginger syrup.  I'm attempting making my own coffee again (like I mentioned before, I am inept at making a good cup of coffee... don't know why...) for my caffeine source instead of Diet Coke.  So far, so good!  We'll see how things go when the school year starts up again though... :op

No comments:

Post a Comment