Wednesday, June 27

Tofu Tuesday - Hot Stuff!

I found this recipe on a friend from high school's blog, Squirrels n Sweets.  Here's her recipe I followed.  I made modifications per what I had in my pantry & fridge.  :o)

Tofu & Sweet Potato Red Curry


Ingredients:




  • 1 T peanut oil
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
  • 1 red pepper, sliced
  • 1 T freshly grate ginger
  • 1 t lime zest
  • 1 1/2 T red curry paste, divided
  • 1 package semi-firm tofu, drained and crumbled
  • 1 can coconut milk (I used lite)
  • 1 T minced garlic
  • 2 t cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 t crushed red pepper
  • 1/4 t crushed ginger
  • 3/4 t black pepper
  • 1 T cilantro
  • Juice of 1/2 a lime
To be honest, I kinda sorta didn't follow her step by step instructions, and I probably should have.  Mine turned out fine, but may I suggest just following the link above and follow her how to?  :o)  

Here are the pictures though!






Grain base instead of rice.


Threw in some shredded coconut, just because it sounded like fun.


Decided to add some crushed peanuts on top, ya know, because I had them and it sounded like a good idea.  :o)




Deeelicious recipe Michelle!  Only thing I'd maybe do different is add a bit less cayenne next time.  Woooo was is spicy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment