Wednesday, June 6

Like a Kid Waiting for the Ice Cream Truck...

Seriously.  Every time I hear a car door slam or the sound of a truck.  I pop up from the couch and look out the window.

I've been on home arrest since Monday morning, waiting and waiting and waiting for the roofing company to come.  Although normally you don't need to be home to have the roof estimate, I have quite a few questions to ask...  so here I sit.

So what's a girl, stuck at home, to do on a rainy day?  Finish the written assignments for class two weeks ago? Start the laundry?  Clean up the mess she made in the kitchen?  Paint a room?




Nahhhhhhhhhhhh!  Put up a blog post!  I'm the master of avoidance of things that need to be done.  :o)

Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL and I would have loved to have gone hiking or for a long bike ride, alas, I was home.  Rudder and I enjoyed getting some stuff done in the yard, soaking up the sun, and working on some outdoor painting projects (to be shared later!).




Today however, it is RAINY!  Boo hiss for that.  I had a couple more things I wanted to get done outside...  Oh well.  Maybe tomorrow...

So, in spite of the rain, I made a lunch that made me think of a nice sunny day.  :o)

Last night before I fell asleep I was trying to think of how to use up some of the produce in my fridge and scribbled down some things.


Mango & Blueberry Quesadilla with Goat Brie

No real recipe, but here are the ingredients:

  • goat cheese brie (or other brie)
  • 1/3 of a mango, sliced
  • 1/2 c. blueberries, halved
  • a bit of serrano pepper, chopped
  • whole wheat tortilla rounds 


Sliced up and ready to go.


On to a skillet at medium'ish heat (sprayed with a bit of olive oil).  Cover with the other tortilla shell and flip when it's nice and brown on one side.  What am I saying, you know how to make a quesadilla!


Yum!



Alright, the roofers have 10 more minutes, then I gotta get out of here to run a quick errand before the store closes.  Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!  I really didn't want to have to wait around for them tomorrow too...  I'm pretty sure Thursday does not count as "early in the week" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment