Sunday, May 13

Tofu Tuesday - Mediterranean Wraps

Last Tofu Tuesday was a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng day, so I wanted to make something quick and easy that would also help get rid of some of the stuff in my fridge.

So is the genesis of Mediterranean Tofu Wraps.

The "Mediterranean" comes mostly from this spice mix I got for Christmas and hadn't used yet.


So I marinated cubed tofu in a bit of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and the Greek seasoning.


I went for the fastest way to make tofu - pan fried.  In the pan I heated up some olive oil, sriracha, and red chili pepper flakes.


Then let the little tofu guys get their fry on, turning them occasionally.  Again, these little buggers will jump around.  It's actually kind of fun to watch them spring about.  :o)


I set them aside on a paper towel to cool down and soak up some of the extra oil.

In the meanwhile, we prepped the wraps for the tofu.  On mine, I added goat cheese and hummus.


Then added spinach and the tofu.  Kevin put avocado on his (bleh!  They're pretty, but I don't find them at all tasty).


We microwaved small yams to go with the wrap.  I love baked sweet potatoes/yams, but didn't feel like waiting for them to cook in the oven.  So with several fork holes and a damp towel, the yams went into the microwave for somewhere around 5 minutes.  To go with the yams, I softened melted (oops!) some butter, added a wee bit of honey, and then some pumpkin pie spice.


Delicious and fast dinner.


For desert we had some chopped fresh fruit (orange, pear, apple) topped with a chilled fruit yogurt (blended berries, Greek yogurt, lime juice) and coconut.  Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment