Sunday, May 13

Layers of Deliciousness

I've seen overnight oats on SEVERAL blogs such as: Kath Eats Real Food, The Smart Kitchen, and The Edible Perspective.  However, I've always had a "meh" reaction to seeing them.  Well, since it's [sorta] getting warmer here, I figured I would give them a chance since warm oatmeal might not always sound super awesome.  That and I have some fresh peaches, and I wasn't sure I wanted to eat them warm.  :o)

Overnight Oats:
  • 1/3 c. oats
  • 1/3 c. Greek yogurt
  • 1/3 c. milk
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • pinch of salt
  • smidge of cinnamon
  • my addition - half a scoop of vanilla protein powder
Please excuse the pictures, as these are overnight oats, I made [and photographed] them at night. :o)


 I added some acai berry juice in place of the soy milk.  I'd say I had a 50/50 combination of soy milk and acai juice.  I was going for the whole berry and peaches combination for the final product.  :o)


Combine all ingredients. 


Stir them up, cover, then stick in the fridge.


The next morning, I mixed together some more Greek yogurt with a bit of agave.


I layered my overnight oats (which were yummy by the way!) with yogurt, flax seed hemp granola, sliced peaches, and sliced strawberries.  These were grab and go in a handy dandy mason jar.  Unfortunately, I had one bite in the morning, then thanks to meetings and running between schools, didn't get to them until lunch.  I think I'll plan on doing this again for breakfast (or lunch!).  :o)


It was a beautiful morning (but sadly a windy and nippy afternoon for field day!).  

I love tulips.  :o)  Thanks Full Circle!

Alright, three blog posts in one night.  I'm feeling a bit more caught up on the going on's over here.  I still have pictures I took, updates to share, and recipes to post for five more things from the past two weeks...  Perhaps I'll tackle one or two tomorrow later today (as in not at 1 am).  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment