Wednesday, April 18

Spring-y Salad

Well, I was really hoping to post my most recent project...  Alas, it appears that I bought cement boards instead of wood...

Just look what happened to my poor little screws!


Not once, but twice!


Some kind of super strength wood...

Ugh...  I gave up for the night.  I have a new plan of attack for tomorrow, and an idea of what to get to replace that cement like board.  Hopefully tomorrow it'll be all done and ready to reveal.  :o)


So instead, I bring you, my dinner!

My aunt sent a few recipes she had seen my way and I decided to try one out.

It was for a edamame orange salad and had fun things like wheatberries in it.  Well, I didn't have all of the ingredients, and it was a bit more complicated than I was up for on a Wednesday night, so I used the salad recipe as an inspiration.  On my lunch break at work, I did a mental inventory of what I had at home and made an ingredient list that sounded like it might go well together in a salad.

 In case you can't read that, the salad was made up of:
  • Greens
  • Grain Mix 
  • Tangelo Slices
  • Cashews
  • Edamame
  • Green Onion
  • Goat Cheese (because I have a goat cheese problem...  seriously, I could eat it every day)
This was the "Grain Mix" I used.  It's from the frozen section at Costco.  Pretty handy to have as a quick side, and good for using to mix with things.  :o)   It's made up of wheatberries, barley, and quinoa, so I was somewhat following the wheatberry ingredient in the original recipe. :o)



I made my own salad dressing (sometimes I wonder why I even bother buying any...)


The dressing was made up of:
  • Lime Juice
  • Rice Vinegar
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Honey
  • Almond Butter (just a dollop)  

My new mini mason jars are PERFECT for making a small amount of dressing.

So putting together a salad is pretty self-explanatory, so I'll just show you the picture of what it looked like before I devoured it.  :o)   I had half a sweet potato on the side, because I was just in the mood for a sweet potato.  


Definitely what I was in the mood for.

Thanks Aunt Lynne for the recipe!  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment